Cleaning the windows of your car can be very challenging. Whenever you are cleaning your car, you always face the difficulty of keeping the windows and windshield streaks and smudge free. You are always looking for the best ways to overcome this problem. But most of the time, you get stuck in an infinite loop and don't find the desired way to keep your car windows crystal-clear.
There are actually a lot of ways to do things. You will find people giving you advice all the time. But to be honest, the real challenge is your ability to carry out the task as precisely as possible. The methods are always helpful, but you need to be accurate in applying these methods.
Why do you need to clean your car windows/ what causes streak?
Before jumping on the task of making your car windows streak-free, let us first analyze the situation. Basically, your car windows have two sides, inside and outside. Pretty simple so far! But the real problem arises with the insides of the car windows. The outside of the window is exposed to air, dirt and other pollutants; but there is film build-up on the inside windows of your car. This film build-up can be caused by 'Out-gassing' of the interior parts, which happens due to exposure from vinyl seats and other materials inside the car.
Now that we know how the problems occur, let us get right into the methods by which we can solve the problem. As we have warned you earlier, there are a lot of opinions out there, but your skills do matter. So, we are going to guide you step-by-step about how you can make your car windows free of streaks and smudges.
What's the best way to clean car windows without streak?
1. Find Out Quality Cleaning Materials
This is the first and perhaps the most important step to start cleaning your car windows properly. There are a lot of materials out there. But there are certain products that actually work pretty well. Most users have found them really useful and consistent. Here are the necessary products that you will need to get started:
- Automotive window cleaner
- Microfiber cloth
- Distilled water/ Rubbing alcohol
- Cleaning pads
These are some of the things you must have ready at hand before you start your mission! Get the required materials, and you are ready to go.
2. Take Your Car into a Shady Area
This is quite important because if you clean your car windows under direct sunlight, the cleaning material dries up and leaves streaks and smudges on your window. To avoid this, clean the car windows somewhere less bright and warm, like inside a garage. Also, take note that you should save your windows for last. If done beforehand, there is a very high chance that the small dust particles may ruin your newly cleaned windows.
3. Cleaning process
Now you are ready to go ahead and start cleaning. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Get started on the outside windows first. Cleaning the front and back windows first is a lot more efficient. Use Detailing Clay at first, as they will help make the surface free from any foreign particles and smoothen the surface as well. Then mix up your distilled water with rubbing alcohol (equal proportion, 50% each) and start with soft cleaning pads. After this, spray some cleaning solution on the cleaning pads and start rubbing the glass surface with gentle force.
- Now take your microfiber cloth and spray some cleaning solution onto it, and clean from top to bottom of your window with gentle force.
- Now take a microfiber cloth and spray some cleaner on one side of the cloth and keep the other side dry. Now clean the window from top to bottom with the damp side of the cloth. Then take the dry side and rub with force until you are satisfied. Once done, the window may look as good as new.
4. Extra Tips
Some extra tips may come in handy if you want better results. These will make the job a little more easier.
- Using the back of your hand to clean the front window always gives you the upper hand. This will allow more functionality throughout the process and allow you to reach corners easily.
- It is recommended to clean the inside of your windshield from the passenger seat, which allows better access to the corners of the inside of your windshield.
- If you roll down your windows almost halfway while cleaning, you will have sufficient access to all the nooks and crannies your car window.
- Always chose the best product when it comes to buying the microfiber cloth. The tighter the weave, the better cleaning you will get out of it.
The process of cleaning the car windows and keeping them streak-free is actually not that hard if you follow these steps. If you work patiently and follow everything correctly, you will get fine results.
Before saying goodbye, we would like to talk about some products that you might find useful while cleaning your windows. The products will help you along the way in making your car windows free of streaks.
Some of the Best Glass/ Car Window Clearner
1. Stoner 92194 Invisible Glass Cleaner - 32 oz. Spray Bottle is a product that performs as advertised. At a very reasonable price, the product offers great service and keeps your car windows crystal clear. But if you are looking for something better, Meguiar's G8224 Perfect Clarity Glass Cleaner - 24 oz. is an excellent alternative in this case, but comes at a much higher price. 2.(5-Pack) THE RAG COMPANY 16 in. x 16 in. Premium South Korean 70/30 Blend 400gsm Waffle-Weave Microfiber Detailing and Drying Towels are perhaps the best there is. The product offers great quality and durability for cleaning car windows.
3. For cleaning pads, the best choice right now is perhaps Asypets Carwash Microfiber Sponge, which offers premium quality at a cheap price. The pads are durable and are able to hold more water than other conventional sponges.
4. Simoniz S57 Perfect Finish Detailing Clay Bar is a perfect choice for a smooth finish. This product will add precision in cleaning your car windows and make them look as good as new.
The above-mentioned products are currently available on Amazon. Be sure to check them out.
Cleaning your car windows without streaks and smudges may seem like a very difficult and time-consuming task. But it can be done quite easily if you can bring your skills to the table and follow the recommended path. Good Luck!